[NatureNS] Re: CBC Radio Noon - putative Gr. Gray Owl

From: Bob McDonald <bobathome@hfx.eastlink.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
Date: Sat, 25 Dec 2010 18:17:44 -0400

--Boundary_(ID_IWBsyEz4CClnqzwFWLyLOg)

I don't think that the observation was made this past summer.  I recall speaking to these folks over the phone several years back but not sure how or why they contacted me. I'm pretty sure that I called Ian about the likelihood of this actually being a GGOW at the time but we were both undecided.  The timing of the report doesn't seem quite right - I've seen GGOW on a couple of occasions but always during the winter near Montreal where there are occasional "eruptions" of this species.  Their description however was pretty convincing.  Guess that we'll never know regarding this report.

I did ask them to call me if they ever saw it again but never did hear back from them.

Best wishes for a Happy Festive Season and lots of good birds in 2011!!

Bob McDonald
Halifax