[NatureNS] Belated Barrington Christmas Bird Count and Lockeporte Christmas

From: James Hirtle <jrhbirder@hotmail.com>
To: Naturens Naturens <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>,
Date: Sat, 25 Dec 2010 22:48:57 +0000

--_4e3d0f1b-8286-4590-a12c-59e2827a4a72_

Location: Thomas Radall/Sand Bay/East Port L'Hebert
Observation date: 12/19/10
Number of species: 38

Dunlin 40  Off the Wharf on the flats at East Port L'Hebert - The same flock was seen later off the Pocket Wilderness.

Bonaparte's Gull 1  Off the Wharf on the flats of East Port L'Hebert - Rare for this location

Glaucous Gull 2  At the mouth to the East Port L'Hebert Harbour - They followed Lobster boats in.

Brown Creeper 2 - At the end of East Port L'Hebert.

Winter Wren 2  At the end of Goose Neck Road.  I made a report a few weeks ago at this location of a scolding winter wren.  This time we saw them.

Hermit Thrush 1  Not far from the entrance to the Goose Neck Road - This bird scolded about seven or eight times before coming up to provide a view.

Common Redpoll 1

Location: Shag HarbourObservation date: 12/18/10
Number of species: 26

American Pipit 2   On the shoreline behind the Shag Harbour School.

Fox Sparrow 1  At the end of Doctor's Cove Road.  There is also another which we did not see along the Bear Cove Road not far in from the Barrington side of the turn in for this road.  It has been tending a feeder there.

Swamp Sparrow 2  Beside the road not far outside of Barrington Passage.

Baltimore Oriole 1  Priorly reported from Terry Crowells

Location: Woods Harbour
Observation date: 12/18/10
Number of species: 20

Belted Kingfisher 1  At Wood's Harbour itself.

Swamp Sparrow 2  Two separate locations, one in a alder thicket with ponds and another by roadside.

--_4e3d0f1b-8286-4590-a12c-59e2827a4a72_

<head>
.hmmessage P
{
margin:0px;
padding:0px
}
body.hmmessage
{
font-size: 10pt;
font-family:Tahoma
}
--></style>
</head>
Location: Thomas Radall/Sand Bay/East Port L'Hebert<BR>Observation date: 12/19/10<BR>Number of species: 38<BR><BR>Dunlin 40&nbsp; Off the Wharf on the flats at East Port L'Hebert - The same flock was seen later off the Pocket Wilderness.<BR><BR>
Bonaparte's Gull 1&nbsp; Off the Wharf on the flats of East Port L'Hebert - Rare for this location<BR><BR>
&nbsp;<BR>
Glaucous Gull 2&nbsp; At the mouth to the East Port L'Hebert Harbour - They followed Lobster boats in.&nbsp; <BR><BR>
Brown Creeper 2 - At the end of East Port L'Hebert.<BR>
&nbsp;<BR>
<BR>Winter Wren 2&nbsp; At the end of Goose Neck Road.&nbsp; I made a report a few weeks ago at this location of a scolding winter wren.&nbsp; This time we saw them.<BR>
<BR>Hermit Thrush 1&nbsp; Not far from the entrance to the Goose Neck Road - This bird scolded about seven or eight times before coming up to provide a view.<BR><BR>
Common Redpoll 1<BR><BR>
&nbsp;<BR>
Location: Shag HarbourObservation date: 12/18/10<BR>Number of species: 26<BR><BR>American Pipit 2&nbsp;&nbsp; On the shoreline behind the Shag Harbour School.<BR>
<BR>Fox Sparrow 1&nbsp; At the end of Doctor's Cove Road.&nbsp; There is also another which we did not see along the Bear Cove Road not far in from the Barrington side of the turn in for this road.&nbsp; It has been tending a feeder there.<BR><BR>
Swamp Sparrow 2&nbsp; Beside the road not far outside of Barrington Passage.<BR><BR>Baltimore Oriole 1&nbsp; Priorly reported from Terry Crowells<BR><BR>
&nbsp;<BR>
Location: Woods Harbour<BR>Observation date: 12/18/10<BR>Number of species: 20<BR><BR>Belted Kingfisher 1&nbsp; At Wood's Harbour itself.<BR>
<BR>Swamp Sparrow 2&nbsp; Two separate locations, one in a alder thicket with ponds and another by roadside.<BR><BR><FONT size=2>
 <BR>
 <BR></FONT> 		 	   		  </body>
--_4e3d0f1b-8286-4590-a12c-59e2827a4a72_--