[NatureNS] Re:NSWO on BPI

Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2010 11:46:47 -0400
From: <joancz@ns.sympatico.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
Cc: Randy Lauff <randy.lauff@gmail.com>

Hi Randy and all- I remember one autumn (about 1985) when there was a raptor fall-out on Bon Portage Island- so many Saw-whets that one could literally lift them off the bushes. And in the evenings of that weekend there were a number (perhaps a dozen) owls hunting around the Light and the fields.
I was on Big Tusket with Charlie Allen in autumn 1986, and we had a lot of various raptors - including a kettle of broad-wings.
About a year later I was on B.P.I. for my birthday in early October, and there were SO Many raptors. The same for October of 1992.
Eric, Richard, Carl and others have probably kept records for Seal; and Betty June and Sid Smith for Cape Light.