[NatureNS] dovekie at Dyke Road

From: Richard Stern <sternrichard@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2010 17:37:10 -0400
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

--0016364c7b91a875c804986b241f

Hi Tuma,

Paul and Harriet are probably Paul and Harriet Evans,  and Paul is an
excellent bird photographer (maybe Harriet is too, but I have only seen
Paul's images). By iBird, are you talking about the iPhone app,   or the web
site where you can enter sightings, which I have recently started to use,
called eBird (http://ebird.org/content/ebird/)? If it's the iBird app, at
least on my version there doesn't seem to be a way of entering sightings or
locations. If it's eBird, you can go to Submit Observations -> Find it on a
Map, and up pops a scrollable, zoomable Google map, and you can click on
where you saw the bird.

Cheers,

Richard

--
#################
Dr.R.B.Stern,

Richard Stern,
317 Middle Dyke Rd.
Port Williams, NS, Canada
B0P 1T0

sternrichard@gmail.com
###################

--0016364c7b91a875c804986b241f

Evans, =A0and Paul is an excellent bird photographer (maybe Harriet is too,=
 but I have only seen Paul&#39;s images). By iBird, are you talking about t=
he iPhone app, =A0 or the web site where you can enter sightings, which I h=
ave recently started to use, called eBird (<a href=3D"http://ebird.org/cont=
ent/ebird/">http://ebird.org/content/ebird/</a>)? If it&#39;s the iBird app=
, at least on my version there doesn&#39;t seem to be a way of entering sig=
htings or locations. If it&#39;s eBird, you can go to Submit Observations -=
&gt; Find it on a Map, and up pops a scrollable, zoomable Google map, and y=
ou can click on where you saw the bird.</div>

Tuma Young <span dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:tumayoung@yahoo.ca">tuma=

x #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex;"><div><div style=3D"font-family:&#39;times n=
ew roman&#39;, &#39;new york&#39;, times, serif;font-size:12pt"><div></div>=

 =A0I was trying a new feature in iBird which allows me to note where a par=
ticular bird was sighted but it only used Longitude and Latitude. =A0Howeve=
r, we seen it at Dyke Road, on the Eastern Shore, near Grand Desert, off ro=
ute 207 (past Seaforth).</div>

o not know but I know they live in Lawrencetown and Paul said that he was g=
oing to post in NatureNS tonight so Paul make sure you also post your last =
name. =A0I am sure that Paul has excellent pictures as it was full frame wi=
th stunning light. =A0The bird was swimming towards us. =A0I was so envious=
 and kept telling myself never to leave home without my
ick and I will go out again tomorrow to see if we can get pictures with our=
 Beach (left hand side marsh going towards the beach), plus a couple Glauco=
us Gulls at Hartlen Point (they were the same size as the Herring Gulls).</=
div>

pick them up and cuddle them. =A0A new lifer for us and hopefully tomorrow,=
 it still will be there so it will be a &quot;Photo Lifer&quot; for us.</di=
v>

t Williams, NS, Canada<br>

B0P 1T0<br><br><a href=3D"mailto:sternrichard@gmail.com">sternrichard@gmail=

--0016364c7b91a875c804986b241f--