[NatureNS] Re: Wesley the Owl

Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2010 14:18:46 -0400
From: Helene Van Doninck <helene.birdvet@gmail.com>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

--000e0cdfc8faa0c7e30498909949

Thanks for the kind words...I try :)

I have toyed with the idea of collecting my experiences for others to share.
Free time just seems to elude me. Maybe I need a ghost writer ;)

Helene

--
Helene Van Doninck DVM
Cobequid Wildlife Rehabilitation Centre

--000e0cdfc8faa0c7e30498909949

he idea of collecting my experiences for others to share. Free time just se=
lizabeth Doull <span dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:edoull@ns.sympatico.=
ail_quote" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-le=
ft:1ex;">

that we=20
learn so much from you and your rehab work with wild birds. You are good wi=
th=20
words so maybe one day you will write a book?=A0=A0All the best in the new=
=20
year</font></div>
mail.com" href=3D"mailto:helene.birdvet@gmail.com" target=3D"_blank">Helene=
 Van=20
Doninck</a> </div>
s@chebucto.ns.ca" target=3D"_blank">naturens@chebucto.ns.ca</a> </div>
or=20
wild and domestic birds. I could tell PILES of stories on this topic but I =
won&#39;t=20
ramble on. Maybe fodder for my blog. This topic tends to bring out argument=
s on=20
anthropomorphic issues...and tends to divide camps. I am a scientist..and a=
=20
great admirer of birds..and believe wholly in special bonds between species=
.=20
This fact makes it extremely difficult to do rehabilitation well..the const=
ant=20
struggle between wishing I could interact more with my patients..but knowin=
g=20
their chances for survival plummet if they are not afraid of people. I am h=
appy=20
to say I have never had a problem bird here that became imprinted or a prob=
lem=20
on release. I have had imprinted birds sent to me that have been raised by=
=20
others...and will not release those...they need to find permanent=20
placement.=A0
div>Cobequid Wildlife Rehabilitation Centre</div><div>RR#1 Brookfield NS B0=
" target=3D"_blank">birdvet@hotmail.com</a></div>
w.cwrc.net/images/2011_calendar/CWRC_2011_Calendar_lo_for_web.pdf" target=
=3D"_blank">http://www.cwrc.net/images/2011_calendar/CWRC_2011_Calendar_lo_=
for_web.pdf</a></div>
ndar.shtml" target=3D"_blank">http://www.cwrc.net/2011_calendar.shtml</a></=

--000e0cdfc8faa0c7e30498909949--