[NatureNS] CBC TV Program

From: "Elizabeth Doull" <edoull@ns.sympatico.ca>
To: <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2011 17:28:55 -0400

------=_NextPart_000_005E_01CBADC7.32035F10

Program on CBC TV  [NOT CBC radio!]
Cat Crazed  (Doc Zone)
The world's unprecedented cat overpopulation crisis
Thursday, January 6th [tonight] 2011,  9 pm AT

Channel 11 (Halifax-Dartmouth region)

Cat Crazed is a fun and irreverent take on an important environmental story:
the world's unprecedented cat overpopulation crisis. The cat is the world's
most popular pet - and the most disposable. Some 100 million cats, domestic
and wild, roam the North American landscape, wreaking havoc on native flora
and fauna - and forcing well-meaning humans to take sides in a cat-bird war.
It's become clear that we don't have a cat problem, we have a human problem.

The species at the top of the food chain needs to get a grip on practical
humane solutions that can save the lives of cats and birds. Cat Crazed
celebrates our love affair with felines and encourages a new relationship
where all cats are loved and none are abandoned.

A series of animations by Cordell Barker is interwoven into the film. In Cat
Crazed, the Oscar-nominated Barker channels the mythic cat personality
captured in his classic 1987 film The Cat Came

------=_NextPart_000_005E_01CBADC7.32035F10

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE>.hmmessage P {
	PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; MARGIN: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 0px; PADDING-RIGHT: =
0px; PADDING-TOP: 0px
}
BODY.hmmessage {
	FONT-FAMILY: Tahoma; FONT-SIZE: 10pt
}
</STYLE>

<META name=3DGENERATOR content=3D"MSHTML 8.00.6001.18999"></HEAD>
<BODY class=3Dhmmessage bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT size=3D3 face=3D"Times New Roman">
<DIV id=3Dzc-dt>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Times New Roman">Program on CBC TV&nbsp; [NOT CBC=20
radio!]</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Times New Roman">Cat Crazed&nbsp; (Doc Zone)<BR>The =
world's=20
unprecedented cat overpopulation crisis</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Times New Roman">Thursday, January 6th [tonight] =
2011,&nbsp; 9=20
pm AT</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Times New Roman">Channel 11 (Halifax-Dartmouth =
region)&nbsp;=20
</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Times New Roman">Cat Crazed is a fun and irreverent =
take on an=20
important environmental story: the world=92s unprecedented cat =
overpopulation=20
crisis. The cat is the world=92s most popular pet =96 and the most =
disposable. Some=20
100 million cats, domestic and wild, roam the North American landscape, =
wreaking=20
havoc on native flora and fauna =96 and forcing well-meaning humans to =
take sides=20
in a cat-bird war. It=92s become clear that we don=92t have a cat =
problem, we have a=20
human problem. </FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Times New Roman">The species at the top of the food =
chain needs=20
to get a grip on practical humane solutions that can save the lives of =
cats and=20
birds. Cat Crazed celebrates our love affair with felines and encourages =
a new=20
relationship where all cats are loved and none are abandoned. =
</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Times New Roman">A series of animations by Cordell =
Barker is=20
interwoven into the film. In Cat Crazed, the Oscar-nominated Barker =
channels the=20
mythic cat personality captured in his classic 1987 film The Cat =
Came&nbsp;=20
</FONT></DIV></DIV></FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_005E_01CBADC7.32035F10--