[NatureNS] Field trip report - Sewer Stroll I

Date: Sun, 9 Jan 2011 11:09:36 -0800 (PST)
From: Tuma Young <tumayoung@yahoo.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

--0-132308541-1294600176=:56855

Kwe Msit Wen:

I would like to add that Dennis, Nick and I saw a American Tree sparrow at the
house across the Tim's Hortons while we were waiting for the others.  Some "Good
Ole Eastern Passage Boys!" were teasing us about birding in the weather but one
of them asked if we had seen a Snowy Owl at Hartlens point.  Some questions
later, I found out that it was some years ago that this fella saw it and not
recent-it seemed that he had taken a Snowy Owl to Hope For Wildlife a few years
ago.

On other note, sometimes it is interesting to find out what you have seen.
 Often, if I do not know the bird, I will take a picture and then try to id it
for later. Sometimes you make mistakes-I had taken pictures of what I thought
were American Black Ducks.  Today, I set about to process them and lo and behold
there were not what I had thought them to be.  After consulting with the
Murrants, I found out that what I had taken pictures of was two female
Blue-winged Teals ( a new photo lifer for me).

Tuma Young
Halifax

 Koqwaqja'tekaq'tinej.
(Let Us Choose The Correct Behaviour)