[NatureNS] Northern Lapwing still there at 4:00 pm Jan. 15

From: "DPoole" <dpoolex@ns.sympatico.ca>
To: <NS-RBA@yahoogroups.com>, <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2011 17:18:31 -0400

------=_NextPart_000_0025_01CBB4D8.3BAC8A10

I rushed over to the golf course at 3:45 and was able to see the =
Northern Lapwing and the Killdeer.  Both birds were feeding in the gully =
of a stream that crossed the greens. To get there...(these are =
directions from Liverpool as you follow rt 3 towards White Point). =
instead of turning into the golf course take the road that leads =
straight ahead and has a no exit sign, this is just a few feet beyond =
the main entrance. You will pass two houses, the one on the left has a =
for sale sign and just beyond is a house on the right that has 'horse =
pasture' .Turn right here and follow this road past a couple of houses =
until you see number 109. This is actually the number of the maintenance =
building for the golf course. Park by this building and you will see the =
road continues to the greens, (less than 100 m). I walked left hugging =
the tree line as i reached the greens . You can see the cemetery from =
here and half way across is the gully. The birds were not visible at =
first but within a minute they walked into view up from the gully.

Dorothy Poole
------=_NextPart_000_0025_01CBB4D8.3BAC8A10

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I rushed over to the golf course at =
3:45 and was=20
able to see the Northern Lapwing and the Killdeer.&nbsp; Both birds were =
feeding=20
in the gully of a stream that crossed the greens. To get there...(these =
are=20
directions from Liverpool as you follow rt 3 towards White Point). =
instead of=20
turning into the golf course take the road that leads straight ahead and =
has a=20
no exit sign, this is just a few feet beyond the main entrance. You will =
pass=20
two houses, the one on the&nbsp;left has a for sale sign and just beyond =
is a=20
house on the&nbsp;right that has 'horse pasture' .Turn right here and =
follow=20
this road past a couple of houses until you see number 109. This is =
actually the=20
number of the maintenance building for the golf course. Park by this =
building=20
and you will see the road continues to the greens, (less than 100 m). I =
walked=20
left hugging the tree line as i reached the greens . You can see the =
cemetery=20
from here and half way across is the gully. The birds were not visible =
at first=20
but within a minute they walked into view up from the =
gully.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Dorothy =
Poole</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0025_01CBB4D8.3BAC8A10--