[NatureNS] Re: NS Winter Bird List

Date: Sat, 05 Feb 2011 15:11:00 -0400
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
From: Blake Maybank <maybank@ns.sympatico.ca>

Hi Liz;

At 02:27 PM 05/02/2011, you wrote:
>There are five birds not yet ticked off.  One was a field sparrow I
>found near Canning, which I reported to NatureNS last month.

I was away, and off NatureNS, so did not hear about it.  I do wish
you would report to the NS-RBA directly.  What was the date of your
sighting in Canning?

>Dennis Garnet got a Cape May warbler.

This is a pretty rare winter bird, and he provided no details, and no
photograph.   However, the Murrants photographed one well in Cape
Breton, so it goes on the winter list.  I forgot to check their site,
and so didn't learn about the following:

>Little gull, Common Mew, and Tufted Duck.

Thanks for the update.   And please let me know about any February birds.

Cheers,

Blake