[NatureNS] Cardinal in Windsor - sighting at around 0900 as well

From: "Joyce Norris" <whuzzy@ns.sympatico.ca>
To: <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2011 20:42:45 -0400

------=_NextPart_000_0017_01CBC707.9328E360

Hi:

At about 0900 I had a male cardinal in my Japanese maple and while I =
scurried to the other room to get my camera, a female had appeared as =
well. I was pretty excited that I got pictures of both. The pics of the =
male are nice and bright - he is a beautiful red; the female was on a =
branch and the view obstructed by several other branches and when she =
did move, unfortunately she was on the snowy ground in a shadow so the =
picture of her isn't quite as crisp and clear. They were only here about =
5 minutes. It was good of the male to perch near the top of the tree, =
with bright blue sky behind him so I could get a few good pictures. I am =
just thrilled to have seen them and to have some pictures to prove it!

I thought I had posted about it before I went to the city but it looks =
like I didn't. About 5 years ago, there was a lone female in the =
backyard but that is it for cardinal sightings for me

Wonder if Angela and I saw the same one. Seeing them certainly made my =
day. Every year I seem to have fewer and fewer birds. Although just =
before the cardinals came I had about 20 small birds (goldfinches, 8 =
chickadees, a few juncos) appear all at about the same time. Most =
mornings I see 2 to 4 Chickadees and only one or two goldfinches over =
the course of the entire morning.

I am in the subdivision that wraps around Haliburton House, on Lakeview =
Drive, which overlooks the Avon River.

I will certainly be watching the next few days!

Joyce
P.S. If anyone would like me to email the pics - I'd be happy to
------=_NextPart_000_0017_01CBC707.9328E360

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial>Hi:</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial>At about 0900 I had a male cardinal in =
my Japanese=20
maple and while I scurried to the other room to get my camera, a female =
had=20
appeared as well. I was pretty excited that I got pictures of both. The =
pics of=20
the male are nice and bright - he is a beautiful red; the female was on =
a branch=20
and the view obstructed by several other branches and when she did move, =

unfortunately she was on the snowy ground&nbsp;in a shadow so the =
picture of her=20
isn't quite as crisp and clear. They were only here about 5 minutes. It =
was good=20
of the male to perch near the top of the tree, with bright blue sky =
behind him=20
so I could get a few good pictures. I am just thrilled to have seen them =
and to=20
have some pictures to prove it!</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial>I thought I had posted about it before =
I went to=20
the city but it looks like I didn't.&nbsp;About 5 years ago, there was a =
lone=20
female in the backyard but that is it for cardinal sightings for =
me</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial>Wonder if Angela and I saw the same =
one. Seeing=20
them certainly made my day. Every year I seem to have fewer and fewer =
birds.=20
Although just before the cardinals came I had about 20 small birds =
(goldfinches,=20
8 chickadees, a few juncos) appear all at about the same time. Most =
mornings I=20
see 2 to 4 Chickadees and only one or two goldfinches over the course of =
the=20
entire morning.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial>I am in the subdivision that wraps =
around=20
Haliburton House, on Lakeview Drive, which overlooks the Avon=20
River.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial>I will certainly be watching the next =
few=20
days!</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial>Joyce</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial>P.S. If anyone would like me to email =
the pics -=20
I'd be happy to</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0017_01CBC707.9328E360--