[NatureNS] GHOW at MSVU

From: "Elizabeth Doull" <edoull@ns.sympatico.ca>
To: <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2011 17:39:34 -0400

------=_NextPart_000_0007_01CBDA93.201B5160

Just want to thank Kathleen MacAulay for the heads up about the Great Horned
Owl.  I went to MSVU as fast as I could and with little difficulty, found
Kathleen's owl.  A really close up view.  At first, it was licking its
talons and preened its feathers before finally roosting/ snoozing.  Three
crows flew by.  Of course, the students were excited to see it.  Kathleen
was right about the owl looking like a piece of wood, which could be easily
over-looked.  It's a hard bird to find and see as it was my first GHOW in
four years.  Kathleen's directions and description of the owl were crystally
clear.

Many thanks, Kathleen!