[NatureNS] GHOW at MSVU

Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2011 15:47:27 -0800 (PST)
From: Suzanne Borkowski <suzanneborkowski@yahoo.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

--0-954606253-1299282447=:79767

Hi Everyone;
=A0
I'd like to second Liz and say thanks to Kathleen for the heads up.=A0 I li=
ve in Clayton Park which is just two minutes away from there!
=A0
I didn't know which building the cafeteria was in, so on Pat Chalmers advic=
e, I called the main switchboard and they told me it was in Rosaria.
=A0
Drive up the hill and take your first right, Roasaia Student Centre.=A0 The=
 bird was in the first tree past the building.=A0 You can park in the parki=
ng lot to the right and walk back to the corner of the building, and scan t=
hat first tree at the intersection of the road and a paved walking path tha=
t goes up alongside Rosaria.
=A0
The students said it had been there for two days now.=A0 Jean Hartley (who =
I ran into there) and I wondered about its health and fitness.=A0 After goi=
ng back to Jean's for a quick visit, I had to pass by the Mount again on my=
 way home; so=A0I ducked up to Rosaria to check on it again, but it had gon=
e.=A0 As I was scanning the rest of the branches to see if it had changed i=
ts perch, I heard it give a single hoot from somewhere close to the right.=
=A0 As I got back into my car, I heard it again.=A0 So, it's mobile.
=A0
Interestingly enough, I did not see many crows tonight - usually there are =
thousands.=A0 Last night a few hundred were gathered in behind my house at =
dusk.=A0 It's possible the crows have temporarily moved their roost.=A0 The=
y do that a couple of times every winter.=A0 Perhaps the owl was taking adv=
antage of this break?
=A0
Cheers;
Suzanne