[NatureNS] Saw-whets showing up a lot

Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2011 14:05:23 -0400
From: Helene Van Doninck <helene.birdvet@gmail.com>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

--000e0cd67006793143049e24b001

I'm more than willing to take any found alive. I have pretty good luck with
them, even in advanced emaciation, as I can hit a vein for IV fluids and
have an incubator to help bring the body temp up at a safe rate.

I think owls are quickly becoming my favourite patients, well those and
eagles, and seabirds..and... :)

Helene

--
Helene Van Doninck DVM
Cobequid Wildlife Rehabilitation Centre

--000e0cd67006793143049e24b001

I&#39;m more than willing to take any found alive. I have pretty good luck =
with them, even in advanced emaciation, as I can hit a vein for IV fluids a=
nd have an incubator to help bring the body temp up at a safe rate.<div>
an dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:randy.lauff@gmail.com">randy.lauff@gma=
rth or fifth report of very exposed N Saw-whet owls in the last two weeks; =
these birds are often being seen in the daytime. The one dead one I&#39;ve =
examined was emaciated, weighing in at only about 2/3 its normal weight; I =
just received another today but it remains unexamined in my freezer.</div>

e/sex of the deceased birds, but I doubt that I&#39;d get a large enough sa=
mple size. However, it doesn&#39;t hurt to ask...if you come across a dead =
one, please let me know and we can arrange shipping it here. If it&#39;s st=
ill alive and gets shipped to Helene or one of our other rehabbers, please =
let me know that, too.</div>

s now being reported by the few banding stations which monitor this movemen=

div>Cobequid Wildlife Rehabilitation Centre</div><div>RR#1 Brookfield NS B0=
" target=3D"_blank">birdvet@hotmail.com</a></div>
w.cwrc.net/images/2011_calendar/CWRC_2011_Calendar_lo_for_web.pdf" target=
=3D"_blank">http://www.cwrc.net/images/2011_calendar/CWRC_2011_Calendar_lo_=
for_web.pdf</a></div>
ndar.shtml" target=3D"_blank">http://www.cwrc.net/2011_calendar.shtml</a></=

--000e0cd67006793143049e24b001--