[NatureNS] Dead Barred Owl

From: "Roland McCormick" <roland.mccormick@ns.sympatico.ca>
To: <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2011 11:42:25 -0300

Hello Gary -
     I have seen partridge, pheasant and cats caught in rabbit snares.  I
have also seen rather heavy wire set for rabbits. I also have seen wire set
for porcupine,  and I remember one set for a fox with bait behind it that
was successful. My guess  would be that the wire was set for something else,
and for some reason the hawk got caught in it.

Roland.