[NatureNS] Dead Barred Owl

From: "Gary Murray" <garymurray@ns.sympatico.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2011 11:51:13 -0300

Hi Roland,

Thanks for the info. the wire was covered with a plastic/vinyl covering and
looked quite thick to be a snare, ( I snared in my youth,) It looked to
be an industrial type of wire, though my brother in law was musing if
someone didi it to the bird and then dumped it on the side of the road.
It was on a farm property, so I was guessing that it just stuck it's neck
in the wrong place.  We gave it a proper burial at sea, so the mystery
remains fo rnow.

cheers,
Gary