[NatureNS] salamander & frog migration, Aspotogan Peninsula, Apr. 5/11

To: NatureNS <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>,
From: "James W. Wolford" <jimwolford@eastlink.ca>
Date: Thu, 07 Apr 2011 17:12:21 -0300

John Gilhen writes on April 7, 2011 (Thanks, John!):

Hi Jim;

On Tuesday night  [April 5/11] Dr. Ron Russell and I drove around
Aspotogan Peninsula and witnessed the first migration of Yellow-
spotted Salamanders, Wood Frogs and Spring Peepers. None of the frogs
were vocal. I believe this is the first migration, as I have a report
from Port Joli and Woods Harbour also.

  Spring has Sprung!!

I know a report of vocal Spring Peepers from Windsor.  [There have
been a few other reports of hearing peepers.]

  I hope naturalists continue to report their findings particularly
when they include an image attachment.

Now we need another rain.

Sincerely
John