[NatureNS] Another unexpected bird for this time of year.

Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2011 16:06:01 -0300
From: James Churchill <jameslchurchill@gmail.com>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

--0016e6dd859ebcd04804a0e59dbb

Hey folks,

I am certainly not casting any doubt on the observation (although early, it
sounds entirely plausible), but it just reminded me of an observation about
two weeks ago, I forgot to report, of a *Starling *doing a fantastic *Eastern
Wood-Pewee rendition* on Main Street Kentville. Stopped me in my tracks
while walking to work!! ("Woah...hold on here...")

This adds to the ongoing list of *Starling mimicry* I've heard in the last
couple of years, which also includes *Alder Flycatcher*, *Northern Cardinal*and
*Killdeer*...

Cheers,
James.

--
James Churchill
Kentville, Nova Scotia

--0016e6dd859ebcd04804a0e59dbb

Hey folks, <br><br>I am certainly not casting any doubt on the observation =
(although early, it sounds entirely plausible), but it just reminded me of =
an observation about two weeks ago, I forgot to report, of a <u>Starling </=
u>doing a fantastic <u>Eastern Wood-Pewee rendition</u> on Main Street Kent=
ville. Stopped me in my tracks while walking to work!! (&quot;Woah...hold o=
n here...&quot;)<br>
 in the last couple of years, which also includes <u>Alder Flycatcher</u>, =
br>
e <span dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:jrhbirder@hotmail.com">jrhbirder@=
e=3D"margin: 0pt 0pt 0pt 0.8ex; border-left: 1px solid rgb(204, 204, 204); =
padding-left: 1ex;">

This morning I bumped into Jean McKiel of Lunenburg.=A0 Now she is a person=
 who knows her birds and she told me that she heard and saw an Eastern Wood=
 Pewee.=A0 I questioned her and she said it was not a phoebe.=A0 This bird =
was by the Save Easy in Lunenburg.=A0 Jean has worked with penguins in New =
Zealand and has done other bird related things and over the years when she =
reports something it is accurate.=A0 If she is unsure of a bird she lets me=
 know.=A0 I happened to stop by the Save Easy for some groceries and sure e=
nough I heard the initial notes of an Eastern wood pewee twice.=A0 It was r=
aining hard and I could not locate the bird though.=A0 There was a killdeer=
 calling by Cell Pack to.=A0 <br>

=A0<br>
James R. Hirtle<br>
Bayport<br> 		 	   		  </div>