[NatureNS] Pewee and Tree Swallows

From: James Hirtle <jrhbirder@hotmail.com>
To: Naturens Naturens <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2011 02:12:23 +0000

--_1c3e18b2-1d49-4b30-957e-a38ed9077ae5_

Hi all:
=20
I checked this morning for a sign of the pewee with no luck.  It is quite p=
ossible that with the power of suggestion that a pewee was present in the a=
rea=2C that a blue jay or a starling could have been making the call that I=
 heard twice.  Both species mentioned by others are great mimics.  Jean was=
 adament that she saw the bird though and she knows a European starling and=
 also the blue jay=2C so my hearing a partial call twice if made by a Europ=
ean starling or a blue jay would have been co-incidental.  I guess unless I=
 hear a repeat of the call and can confirm a mimic that I'll never know for=
 sure. =20
=20
This morning I saw seven tree swallows at Lilydale.
=20
James R. Hirtle
Bayport 		 	   		  =

--_1c3e18b2-1d49-4b30-957e-a38ed9077ae5_

<head>
.hmmessage P
{
margin:0px=3B
padding:0px
}
body.hmmessage
{
font-size: 10pt=3B
font-family:Tahoma
}
--></style>
</head>
Hi all:<BR>
&nbsp=3B<BR>
I checked this morning for a sign of the pewee with no luck.&nbsp=3B It is =
quite possible that with the power of suggestion that a pewee was present i=
n the area=2C that a blue jay or a starling could have been making the call=
&nbsp=3Bthat I heard twice.&nbsp=3B Both species mentioned by&nbsp=3Bothers=
 are great mimics.&nbsp=3B Jean was adament that she saw the bird though an=
d she knows a European starling and also the blue jay=2C so my hearing a pa=
rtial call twice if made by a European starling or a blue jay would have be=
en co-incidental.&nbsp=3B I guess unless I hear a repeat of the call and ca=
n confirm a mimic that I'll never know for sure.&nbsp=3B <BR>
&nbsp=3B<BR>
This morning I saw seven tree swallows at Lilydale.<BR>
&nbsp=3B<BR>
James R. Hirtle<BR>
Bayport<BR> 		 	   		  </body>

--_1c3e18b2-1d49-4b30-957e-a38ed9077ae5_--