[NatureNS] Dogs on walks

Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2011 20:03:03 -0300
From: <duartess@ns.sympatico.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
Cc: Michael Basford <mbasford@ns.sympatico.ca>

This is the best answer yet and oh, so true. As an owner-breeder-exhibitor of Champion, Obedience & Working titled English Springer Spaniels, & who loves my dogs, and take mine everywhere with me, where allowed; I also, certainly, know the traits that are hard-wired into most breeds.
Unless on my own & only where allowed, I would never include my beloved Springers in any nature/birding hike with a group. Just because my dogs may have Obedience & Working titles up the 'ying-yang', not everyone likes dogs, and when I'm out with a group that are hoping to see some interesting animals and birds, any dog, & I don't care how quiet or under control (leashed) would be a distraction & , most definitely, an intrusion.

Gayle MacLean
Dartmouth