[NatureNS] Birds crash into high rise buildings - article

From: Ulli <uhoeger@dal.ca>
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2011 13:33:48 -0300
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

For some first hand information in the issue:
FLAP.ORG
This organization deals for over a decade with this and related
issues. Important and interesting stuff.

As far as Halifax is concerned many of the problems found in Toronto
and other big(ger) cities are a lesser problem here due to our local
topography (we are in a "hole"), geography (not a migration funnel/
trap), and skyline size (~500m barrier along the waterfront (the
deepest point in the hole).

Ulli