[NatureNS] Red Lily beetles!

From: AngelaJoudrey <aljoudrey@eastlink.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
Date: Sun, 08 May 2011 21:37:48 -0300

--Boundary_(ID_Yroi+SPx+qM6acvFsUfEBQ)

While out and about weeding this evening, I found red lily beetles. Argh.

Once I saw the eaten leaves on the lillies, it was much easier to squish them to thier death and let them rot into the ground.

Has anyone tried Neem oil? Or dish soap and water as a spray?

I think I might just pull them up and replant them on a dog walking trail far from the gardens, which is just transplanting the problem I guess, however I'm having a hard time ripping out the plants after they survived the winter.

Angela in Windsor