[NatureNS] Birding in Belleisle Marsh

From: "Elizabeth Doull" <edoull@ns.sympatico.ca>
To: <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Tue, 24 May 2011 07:41:10 -0300

Monday, May 23, 2011

Left Suzanne's field trip in the Hants county at 4 pm (some great birds
seen).  She will send a report to NatureNS soon... Visited Belleisle Marsh
where I had not visited for several years....   Quite birdy.  Lots of birds
flying around despite my late arrival at 6 pm.  It was great to see a lot of
swallows flying around.  I stayed inside my car the whole time, not wanting
to pick up ticks.   At the end,  a really big tick landed on the driver door
window, thankfully outside.  It then crawled into a ?crevice by the door.
Got home and found it, but on the left passenger door window!  Rain would
have helped washing it away on the highway.  Had to kill it.  Sorry.

Birds worth mentioning were:

1 Shoveller - male
1 Gadwall - female?
1 Pied billed Grebe
1 Blue winged Teal - male
1 Wood duck - female
1SNOW Goose   (sorry, Don)
1 Bittern
1 Greater Yellowlegs
4 swallow species (mostly tree,  1 Cliff, a few banks)
2 Common Yellow Throat  (FoY)
2 osprey
2 Yellow Warbler
8 Bobolink  (FoY)