[NatureNS] NS Birdathon - Information request

From: "Elizabeth Doull" <edoull@ns.sympatico.ca>
To: <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Wed, 25 May 2011 11:52:57 -0300

------=_NextPart_000_027C_01CC1AD2.4A5B1800

And please share the info with us all on the list :-)   Several birders and
I also have a 'want' list for our big year...   Thanks.

liz

May is the month for the Baillie Birdathon, the annual fund-raiser for Bird
Studies Canada.   This year Nova Scotia is one-half of the featured Guest
Birdathon team
The idea this year is a combined Birdathon, totalling the different species
found in British Columbia and those found in Nova Scotia.

The B.C. team, captained by Dick Cannings, has already run its Birdathon.
With planning, determination, and perfect weather, they set a new BC Big Day
record, finishing with 202 species.

It is the job of the Nova Scotia team the bring the combined total up to 250
species, and we have to do on our Big Day, which has to be run during the
month of May.   We need at least 48 more species, and while many of these
are easy and routine (eg., Magnolia Warbler, Common Eider, Blue Jay, etc)
some are trickier.   And some species, in response to the soggy spring we
have thus far endured, have yet to return at all, such as Eastern
Wood-Pewee, Nelson's Sparrow, and Cedar Waxwing, among others.

The Nova Scotia team consists of myself, Mike King, and Dave Currie.   We
are in the planning phase right now, and hoping for a break in the weather.
But to assist our planning we are seeking information regarding a few of the
species on our "want list".    We hope that some of you might be able to
assist.

------=_NextPart_000_027C_01CC1AD2.4A5B1800

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Times New Roman">And please share the info with us =
all on the=20
list :-)&nbsp;&nbsp; Several birders and I also have a 'want' list for =
our big=20
year... &nbsp; Thanks. </FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Times New Roman">liz</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Times New Roman">...........</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>May is the month for the <B>Baillie Birdathon</B>, the annual =
fund-raiser=20
for Bird Studies Canada.&nbsp;&nbsp; This year Nova Scotia is one-half =
of the=20
featured Guest Birdathon team </DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Times New Roman">........</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>The idea this year is a combined Birdathon, totalling the different =
species=20
found in British Columbia and those found in Nova Scotia.<BR><BR>The =
B.C. team,=20
captained by Dick Cannings, has already run its Birdathon.&nbsp; With =
planning,=20
determination, and perfect weather, they set a new BC Big Day record, =
finishing=20
with 202 species.&nbsp; <BR><BR>It is the job of the Nova Scotia team =
the bring=20
the combined total up to 250 species, and we have to do on our Big Day, =
which=20
has to be run during the month of May.&nbsp;&nbsp; We need at least 48 =
more=20
species, and while many of these are easy and routine (eg., Magnolia =
Warbler,=20
Common Eider, Blue Jay, etc) some are trickier.&nbsp;&nbsp; And some =
species, in=20
response to the soggy spring we have thus far endured, have yet to =
return at=20
all, such as Eastern Wood-Pewee, Nelson's Sparrow, and Cedar Waxwing, =
among=20
others.<BR><BR>The Nova Scotia team consists of myself, Mike King, and =
Dave=20
Currie.&nbsp;&nbsp; We are in the planning phase right now, and hoping =
for a=20
break in the weather.&nbsp; But to assist our planning we are seeking=20
information regarding a few of the species on our "want =
list".&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
We hope that some of you might be able to =
assist.<BR><BR></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_027C_01CC1AD2.4A5B1800--