[NatureNS] Lots of Stuff

From: Richard Stern <sternrichard@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 26 May 2011 15:16:46 -0300
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

--bcaec52c661f21700c04a431d477

Hi,

There were Chestnut-sided warblers behaving like they were on territory on
Tues. 24 May at Baxter's Harbor, Kings Co.

We had our (?) usual male Am. Redstart singing from the same group of trees
in our backyard as the last 2 years all week, and even though last year's
B.oriole's nest tree blew down on Dec. 13, a male was singing in the same
vicinity yesterday.

Richard

--
#################
Dr.R.B.Stern,

Richard Stern,
317 Middle Dyke Rd.
Port Williams, NS, Canada
B0P 1T0

sternrichard@gmail.com
###################

--bcaec52c661f21700c04a431d477

Hi,<br><br>There were Chestnut-sided warblers behaving like they were on te=
rritory on Tues. 24 May at Baxter&#39;s Harbor, Kings Co.<br><br>We had our=
 (?) usual male Am. Redstart singing from the same group of trees in our ba=
ckyard as the last 2 years all week, and even though last year&#39;s B.orio=
le&#39;s nest tree blew down on Dec. 13, a male was singing in the same vic=
inity yesterday.<br>

:49 PM, James Hirtle <span dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:jrhbirder@hotm=
=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padd=
ing-left:1ex;">

On the weekend new additions to my year list were chestnut-sided warbler at=
 the Clearland Trail and common and arctic terns off Mader&#39;s Cove at We=
sthaver Island.=A0 I heard my first two Canada Warblers calling along the F=
auxburg Trail.=A0 I saw a pair of chickadees exporting sawdust in preparati=
on for a nest.=A0 I also watched a blue-headed vireo puffing himself out in=
 display for a female.=A0 Pat and I were watching a female northern parula =
and a male came in on top of her briefly and then took off.=A0 <br>

=A0<br>
I forgot my camera and could have had some great juvenile duskywing photos =
for the atlas.<br>
=A0<br>
I had my first Hudsonian White-faces for the season.<br>
=A0<br>
Along the Dynamite Trail an adult with a ATV followed by a tiny=A0ATV and a=
 child of about 5-6 years old.=A0 He was all over the place.=A0 Scarry when=
 you think of some of those large embankments there.=A0 <br>
=A0<br>
Yesterday a white-crowned sparrow in Lunenburg by the park at the entrance =
to Shore Road.<br>
=A0<br>
There are other things, but will post when I have the time.<br>
=A0<br>
=A0<br> 		 	   		  </div>
Canada<br>

B0P 1T0<br><br><a href=3D"mailto:sternrichard@gmail.com">sternrichard@gmail=