[NatureNS] Maine

From: Don MacNeill <donmacneill@eastlink.ca>
To: NaturenNS <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Sat, 28 May 2011 21:22:50 -0300

I just got back from a week in Maine.  It is surprising to me that a State
that is so close to us has a lot of wildlife that isn't common here.  We put
up a feeder behind the place we were staying in Biddeford Pool and
immediately had a pair of Rose-breasted Grosbeaks, a pair of Northern
Cardinals, House Finches, a Tufted Titmouse and other regulars that we get
here.  The marshes had lots of Snowy and Great Egrets and Glossy Ibises.  A
White-faced Ibis had been reported but I couldn't find it.  I did find a
White Ibis, a Tri-coloured Heron and an immature Little Blue Heron.  I also
managed to finally get a Saltmarsh Sparrow at Pine Point.

It is a great destination for any birder not wanting to travel far. The 12
inch subs filled with lobster meat in Biddeford (recommended by Stuart
MacLean) and other piscine delights only add to the enjoyment of the
experience.

Don

Don MacNeill
donmacneill@eastlink.ca