[NatureNS] Another Barred Owl report

From: "Judy Tufts" <tandove@ns.sympatico.ca>
To: "NatureNS" <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Tue, 5 Jul 2011 16:14:24 -0300

As an added comment on local (Kings Co) Barred Owl nesting successes,
Bernard Forsythe's owls DID have a nest after all (but not at his place).
They used an old pine tree stump on OUR property (we are less than a km west
of his Wolfville Ridge home) and raised one owlet.  The top of this very
mature tree was snapped off in one of our bad storms a few years ago.  After
alerting Bernard to increased owl activity on our property he found the nest
on May 17 and on the following day Chris Pepper and I had the pleasure of
watching him band the fairly large owlet that was almost too big to band.

Cheers,

Judy Tufts

  Judy Tufts

 Wolfville NS