[NatureNS] Shelburne Breeding Bird Route 037

Date: Sat, 9 Jul 2011 3:43:10 -0300
From: Brian Dalzell <aythya@nb.sympatico.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
Cc: James Hirtle <jrhbirder@hotmail.com>

I did my route in Tatamagouche rather late this year as well (27 June), about two weeks later than usual due to the backward weather.  Had a total of 62 species and about 700  birds.   Only three Yellow Warblers.  Most common warbler was Am. Redstart with 24, followed by Northern Parula with 22, and nice to hear 10 Chestnut-sided.  Besides robin, starling, grackle, crow, etc., there were 37 Red-eyed Vireo and 44 Cedar Waxwing.  New for the count were 2 Philadelphia Vireos.  Bobolinks are hanging tough, with 16 being the most in many years.