[NatureNS] Re: Wolverine in NS

From: "Eric L. Mills" <e.mills@dal.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2011 13:52:47 -0300
Cc: ocotillo@ns.sympatico.ca

I have seen a Wolverine in Nova Scotia. It was found very dead on the road between
Portuguese Cove and Ketch Harbour during a Christmas Bird Count sometime around the
early 1970s and taken into custody (to the dismay of his wife and the detriment of his car
trunk) by Rick Howie, who was living in the province at the time.

We were told that it was an escapee from the wildlife park in Shubenacadie and had been
on the loose for some time. It seems remarkable that it had gone so far without being
detected earlier.