[NatureNS] Cougars and Ivory-billed woodpeckers

From: Mary Macaulay <marymacaulay@hotmail.com>
To: <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2011 20:36:59 -0300

--_acf7730b-50d4-456c-8a89-ead750fd9b64_

Very true Andy. Act local think global.

From: slickdog1@gmail.com
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
Subject: Re: [NatureNS] Cougars and Ivory-billed woodpeckers
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2011 12:31:15 -0300

I have said all I want to say on this subject,=20
because we are spending our energies preparing for our court case against M=
.=20
Belliveau and the province.  I would add, however, that I find the=20
term NIMBY particularly derogatory.  It is now used in the same way as the=
=20
N word was used in the deep south when I was there in the 60s working on ci=
vil=20
rights issues.  Calling someone a NIMBY is used by proponents to=20
dismiss any argument made by those objecting to their project.=20=20
Calling somebody a meaningless and ugly name is a whole lot easier, and=20
lazier, than dealing with the merits of their case.  Protecting what goes=
=20
on in my back yard is not only acceptable, it is often laudable.=20=20

Andy
=20

  ----- Original Message -----=20