[NatureNS] iBird Canada app - Hermit Thrush Angevine

From: Mary Macaulay <marymacaulay@hotmail.com>
To: Nature Nova Scotia <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2011 10:48:47 -0300

--_293cb45b-daf3-4ceb-86bf-f8f23793a425_

Have just recently acquired an iphone and it is a wonderful tool!  Photos t=
aken have the gps location built in.  There is a voice recorder.  And now=
=2C no more need for compass and gps - I can see exactly where I am using t=
he satellite mapping tool and even drop pins down for places where I find o=
r hear interesting things.  I often heard an absolutely beautiful bird at a=
 spot along a path that cuts through the crown land south of Angevine.  I w=
as able to record it with my iphone=2C drop a pin on the satellite map=2C a=
nd then compare the call to the bird songs on the iBird Canada app.  A Herm=
it thrush.  Further on I stepped off the path and headed straight for an ar=
ea I've been wanting to find for years that  could see on the google sattel=
ite maps. With this iphone I was able to get there and cross to it over the=
 only dry path (it is an island in a marsh).  What a wonderful new (to me) =
tool for naturalists! Angevine Lake=2C Cumberland County 		 	   		  =

--_293cb45b-daf3-4ceb-86bf-f8f23793a425_

<head>
.hmmessage P
{
margin:0px=3B
padding:0px
}
body.hmmessage
{
font-size: 10pt=3B
font-family:Tahoma
}
--></style>
</head>

Have just recently acquired an iphone and it is a wonderful tool!&nbsp=3B P=
hotos taken have the gps location built in.&nbsp=3B There is a voice record=
er.&nbsp=3B And now=2C no more need for compass and gps - I can see exactly=
 where I am using the satellite mapping tool and even drop pins down for pl=
aces where I find or hear interesting things.&nbsp=3B I often heard an abso=
lutely beautiful bird at a spot along a path that cuts through the crown la=
nd south of Angevine.&nbsp=3B I was able to record it with my iphone=2C dro=
p a pin on the satellite map=2C&nbsp=3Band then compare&nbsp=3Bthe call&nbs=
p=3Bto the bird songs on the iBird Canada app.&nbsp=3B A Hermit thrush.&nbs=
p=3B Further on I stepped off the path and headed straight for an area I've=
 been wanting to find for years that&nbsp=3B could see on the google sattel=
ite maps. With this iphone I was able to get there and cross to it over the=
 only dry path (it is an island in a marsh).&nbsp=3B What a wonderful new (=
to me) tool for naturalists!<BR>&nbsp=3B<BR>Angevine Lake=2C Cumberland Cou=
nty<BR> 		 	   		  </div></body>

--_293cb45b-daf3-4ceb-86bf-f8f23793a425_--