[NatureNS] Re: Red-eyed Vireo Behavior

Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2011 17:06:58 -0300
From: <duartess@ns.sympatico.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
Cc: bdigout@seaside.ns.ca

I really don't know what kind of tree it is, except that it is a big hardwood but the nest itself is in amongst some small branches and leaves on the lowest limb. It's a very pretty woven cup. Yes I do have a picture but it is not really very good. The photos submitted by Rick Whitman is exactly what the nest looks like & all you can see is the verio's head, red eye & black streak above its eye. I'll send you my pictures anyway and maybe you can tell what kind of a tree it is. My sister is coming over, hopefully tomorrow with her awesome Canon Rebel camera & hopefully I'll have a better picture to share for those who might be interested interested.

Sincerely,

Gayle MacLean