[NatureNS] Nelson's Sparrow and Website Technobabble

From: Hans Toom <htoom@hfx.eastlink.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
Date: Sat, 06 Aug 2011 10:58:09 -0300

--Boundary_(ID_yxCmzVFBL4N3niaNfVJefw)

Nelson's Sparrow is a common nester in our coastal salt marshes and easy to locate thanks to its distinctive and easily learned song. But since it lives in an partially open area it has developed close survival skills and is often quite wary so it is tricky to photograph well.  I obtained my best photos of this bird last month:

http://hanstoom.com/StockPhotos/Birds/SparrowsToFinches2/0122.html

I know most of you probably know these technobabble pointers but for the few that don't here they are:

-My website is constantly changing as I reformat or add or delete photos or pages so if you view this site often it is a good idea to clean out your temporary internet files.  Depending on the age or competence of your computer sometimes it will bring back files stored on the temporary internet file cache instead of the one that is actually posted on the website.  I discovered this problem some time ago since I have 3 computers all connected to the internet and if I don't clean out the temporary internet files the page can be old or using incorrect fonts.

-Each computer I have or you have will show the website in a different frame so go the "view" link at the top of your page and resize the computer page to fit your screen.  If your computer is reasonably competent it will remember this resizing so you'll never have to resize again.

Hans
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Hans Toom
Portuguese Cove, Nova Scotia, Canada
http://www.hanstoom.com/

--Boundary_(ID_yxCmzVFBL4N3niaNfVJefw)

<HTML><HEAD>
<META name=GENERATOR content="MSHTML 8.00.6001.19088">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT size=2 face=Arial><STRONG>Nelson's Sparrow</STRONG> is a common
nester in our coastal salt marshes and easy to locate thanks to its distinctive
and easily learned song. But since it lives in an partially open area it has
developed close survival skills and is often quite wary so it is tricky to
photograph well.&nbsp; I obtained my best photos of this bird last
month:</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2 face=Arial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2 face=Arial><A
href="http://hanstoom.com/StockPhotos/Birds/SparrowsToFinches2/0122.html">http://hanstoom.com/StockPhotos/Birds/SparrowsToFinches2/0122.html</A></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2 face=Arial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2 face=Arial>
<DIV><FONT size=2 face=Arial>I know most of you probably know these technobabble
pointers but for the few that don't here they are:</FONT></DIV></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2 face=Arial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2 face=Arial>-My website is constantly changing as I reformat or
add or delete photos or pages so if you view this site often it is a good idea
to clean out your temporary internet files.&nbsp; Depending on the age or
competence of your computer sometimes it will bring back files stored on the
temporary internet file cache instead of the one that is actually posted on the
website.&nbsp; I discovered this problem some time ago since I have 3 computers
all connected to the internet and if I don't clean out the temporary internet
files the page can be old or using incorrect fonts.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2 face=Arial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2 face=Arial>-Each computer I have or you have will show the
website in a different frame so go the "view" link at the top of your page and
resize the computer page to fit your screen.&nbsp; If your computer is
reasonably competent it will remember this resizing so you'll never have to
resize again.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2 face=Arial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2
Toom<BR>Portuguese Cove, Nova Scotia, Canada<BR><A
href="http://www.hanstoom.com/">http://www.hanstoom.com/</A></FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

--Boundary_(ID_yxCmzVFBL4N3niaNfVJefw)--