[NatureNS] 4 Sandhill Cranes, near Denmark

From: Ken McKenna <kenmcken@eastlink.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2011 00:15:57 -0300

Ken McKenna
Box 218 Stellarton NS
B0K 1S0
902 752-7644

Hi Randy and all
These are likely the same Sandhill Cranes that were seen by Kay Wilson in
her back yard in Scotsburn on June 25. They were photographed by Ray
Strickland on the evening of July 4 in a bog by the Old railway trail on the
Heathbell Rd. Ray saw them and heard them a couple of times over the next
few days closer to his home near Scotsburn, but had not spotted them for
over a month. I was out of the country at the time of these sightings and
tried to relay a posting at the time to Ian McLaren, but I am not sure if
the posting went through as I was having some problems with the keyboards.
Nice to know the birds are still in the area although this location is a bit
west of Scotsburn and the birds are likely moving around a fair bit.
cheers
ken