[NatureNS] Hartlen Point this morning

From: Richard Stern <sternrichard@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Aug 2011 16:41:20 -0300
To: NatureNS <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>

--bcaec5540a70067d4604aa68381c

Hi,

Rick Whitman and I went to Hartlen Point this morning to look for
Buff-breasted sandpipers - No luck! However, as soon as we stepped out of
the car, 25 Whimbrel flew over, and tried to land on the golf course. There
were a lot of golfers out, so they were frustrated in that, but later we
found them in the seaweed and rocks on the shoreline. Indeed the only other
shorebirds were a few Least sandpipers and both Yellowlegs in and near Back
Cove. For us from the Valley where they are rare, the active Osprey nest,
with both adults tending 2 young, was  nice to see and take pictures of.
There was a distant N.Harrier, and a F.Common yellowthroat carrying food,
amongst the expected birds. We came across Andy Horn, who told us he had
seen 2 Canada warblers in Back Cove.

On the way home at high tide time in the Minas Basin we saw 19 Black-b.
plovers at the Windsor sewage plant.

Richard

--
#################
Richard Stern,

sternrichard@gmail.com
###################

--bcaec5540a70067d4604aa68381c

Hi,<br><br>Rick Whitman and I went to Hartlen Point this morning to look fo=
r Buff-breasted sandpipers - No luck! However, as soon as we stepped out of=
 the car, 25 Whimbrel flew over, and tried to land on the golf course. Ther=
e were a lot of golfers out, so they were frustrated in that, but later we =
found them in the seaweed and rocks on the shoreline. Indeed the only other=
 shorebirds were a few Least sandpipers and both Yellowlegs in and near Bac=
k Cove. For us from the Valley where they are rare, the active Osprey nest,=
 with both adults tending 2 young, was=A0 nice to see and take pictures of.=
 There was a distant N.Harrier, and a F.Common yellowthroat carrying food, =
amongst the expected birds. We came across Andy Horn, who told us he had se=
en 2 Canada warblers in Back Cove.<br>

illiams, NS, Canada<br>

B0P 1T0<br><br><a href=3D"mailto:sternrichard@gmail.com">sternrichard@gmail=

--bcaec5540a70067d4604aa68381c--