[NatureNS] Mosquitoes

From: Randy Lauff <randy.lauff@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2011 13:13:47 -0300
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

--90e6ba212319bac2e804aab5c9b4

In addition to canoeing on marshes and lakes, I've also been in the woods,
garden and more. I think it's been a very bad year for mosquitoes (from
their point of view!). I guess I've swatted a few, but not been annoyed at
all.

Randy
_________________________________
RF Lauff
Way in the boonies of
Antigonish County, NS.

On 17 August 2011 12:37, Angus MacLean <angusmcl@ns.sympatico.ca> wrote:

> To me the lack of mosquitoes this summer have been surprising to say the
> least. I've spent most of the non-rain days this summer in some wooded area
> ...only once did I apply fly repellant & then discovered it was unnecessary.
> Certainly there's been enough rain to have hordes of them everywhere.
>
> At the same time I read about towns in Ontario that are besieged by them
> (Ref. yesterday's Herald article) to the extent children are not allowed
> outside, etc.
>
> Do I live in the only mosquito-free area (Eastern Kings) in NS??
> Angus

--90e6ba212319bac2e804aab5c9b4

In addition to canoeing on marshes and lakes, I&#39;ve also been in the woo=
ds, garden and more. I think it&#39;s been a very bad year for mosquitoes (=
from their point of view!). I guess I&#39;ve swatted a few, but not been an=
noyed at all.<div>

span dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:angusmcl@ns.sympatico.ca">angusmcl@n=
tyle=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex;">

To me the lack of mosquitoes this summer have been surprising to say the le=
ast. I&#39;ve spent most of the non-rain days this summer in some wooded ar=
ea ...only once did I apply fly repellant &amp; then discovered it was unne=
cessary. Certainly there&#39;s been enough rain to have hordes of them ever=
ywhere.<br>

At the same time I read about towns in Ontario that are besieged by them (R=
ef. yesterday&#39;s Herald article) to the extent children are not allowed =
outside, etc.<br>
Do I live in the only mosquito-free area (Eastern Kings) in NS??<br><font c=
olor=3D"#888888">
Angus <br>

--90e6ba212319bac2e804aab5c9b4--