[NatureNS] Moth and recent report

From: James Hirtle <jrhbirder@hotmail.com>
To: Naturens Naturens <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2011 17:15:10 +0000

--_fa17a057-1df2-4bf9-a59e-12d7e7008140_

Hi all:
=20
Thank you to Jim Edsal for getting an id on the moth for me.  It is a maple=
 looper with the fur scraped off of the back and the exoskeleton showing th=
rough.  The red of the exoskeleton is what threw me on trying to identify i=
t myself. =20
=20
Glenn Rhodenizer reports to me that there are 20 red-winged blackbirds pres=
ent and that the bobolinks at Second Peninsula are really late with fledgin=
g the young.  Three nests have just fledged young within the last few days.=
  He reports no cliff swallows nesting on the farm there this year at all. =
 This is the first time ever that they have not been there.  One pair arriv=
ed earlier on=2C but left.  On the bright side there are about 80 barn swal=
lows present and one late nester is still sitting on eggs.  Glenn also let =
me know that about 10 pairs of bobolinks nested in a field that he mows in =
North West this year.
=20
James R. Hirtle
Bridgewater 		 	   		  =

--_fa17a057-1df2-4bf9-a59e-12d7e7008140_

<head>
.hmmessage P
{
margin:0px=3B
padding:0px
}
body.hmmessage
{
font-size: 10pt=3B
font-family:Tahoma
}
--></style>
</head>
Hi all:<BR>
&nbsp=3B<BR>
Thank you to Jim Edsal for getting an id on the moth for me.&nbsp=3B It is =
a maple looper with the fur scraped off of the back and the exoskeleton sho=
wing through.&nbsp=3B The red of the exoskeleton is what threw me on trying=
 to identify it myself.&nbsp=3B <BR>
&nbsp=3B<BR>
Glenn Rhodenizer reports to me that there are 20 red-winged blackbirds pres=
ent and that the bobolinks at Second Peninsula are really late with fledgin=
g the young.&nbsp=3B Three nests have just fledged young within the last fe=
w days.&nbsp=3B He reports no cliff swallows nesting on the farm there this=
 year at all.&nbsp=3B This is the first time ever that they have not been t=
here.&nbsp=3B One pair arrived earlier on=2C but left.&nbsp=3B On the brigh=
t side there are about 80 barn swallows present and one late nester is stil=
l sitting on eggs.&nbsp=3B Glenn also let me know that about 10 pairs of bo=
bolinks nested in a field that he mows in North West this year.<BR>
&nbsp=3B<BR>
James R. Hirtle<BR>
Bridgewater<BR> 		 	   		  </div></body>

--_fa17a057-1df2-4bf9-a59e-12d7e7008140_--