[NatureNS] slugs and snails

From: Marg Millard <mmillard@eastlink.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2011 14:25:17 -0300

* that may have been us when we were in NS last summer. We'd still be
interested in receiving samples of shells of your ordinary (probably
Cepaea hortensis) and unknown snails, or photographs, or preserved or
living slugs.

You can get a free copy of "Identifying Land Snails and Slugs in Canada
– Introduced Species and Native Genera" from the Canadian Food
Inspection Agency by phoning the number given at
http://www.inspection.gc.ca/english/plaveg/pestrava/escarge.shtml

If your vine-climbing pointed snails are as large as the Cepaea, I have
no idea what they might be.

fred schueler

Thank you, Fred! I can save you the snails next time I see some. Pop them
into alcohol?
I'm off to call for the book.
Marg