[NatureNS] Don Purchase

Date: Sat, 01 Oct 2011 11:12:00 -0300
From: Peter Payzant <pce@accesswave.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

--Boundary_(ID_1vjScHCBrTy9vrY2TAyZrA)

Sad news indeed. They were a wonderful couple, and infectiously
cheerful. They led the first NSBS field trip that Linda and I ever
attended, a freezing-cold Eastern Shore look for sea ducks and grebes.

Purch's obituary is here
<http://jobspress.com/announcements/obituaries/purchase-donald-walter-purch-%E2%80%94-cdi-cwo-retd-84-cole>.

Peter Payzant

On 2011/10/01 10:37 AM, Don MacNeill wrote:
> I see from this morning's paper that Don Purchase died on September 29.  He
> served on the executive of the Nova Scotia Bird Society for a number of
> years and was a director of the Scholarship and Sanctuary Trust Fund.
>
> He and his wife Joyce were always very active in the Society's activities
> and great to be with on various birding expeditions.  They loved Baroque
> music and attended the NS Symphony's Baroque series, despite having to
> travel from Cole Harbour in the depths of winter.  They were two of the
> nicest people I know in the Society.
>
> Don
>
> Don MacNeill
> donmacneill@eastlink.ca

--Boundary_(ID_1vjScHCBrTy9vrY2TAyZrA)

  <head>
      http-equiv="Content-Type">
  </head>
    text="#000000">
        news indeed. They were a wonderful couple, and infectiously
        cheerful. They led the first NSBS field trip that Linda and I
        ever attended, a freezing-cold Eastern Shore look for sea ducks
        and grebes.<br>
        Purch's obituary is <a
href="http://jobspress.com/announcements/obituaries/purchase-donald-walter-purch-%E2%80%94-cdi-cwo-retd-84-cole">here</a>.<br>
        Peter Payzant<br>
        <pre wrap="">I see from this morning's paper that Don Purchase died on September 29.  He
served on the executive of the Nova Scotia Bird Society for a number of
years and was a director of the Scholarship and Sanctuary Trust Fund.

He and his wife Joyce were always very active in the Society's activities
and great to be with on various birding expeditions.  They loved Baroque
music and attended the NS Symphony's Baroque series, despite having to
travel from Cole Harbour in the depths of winter.  They were two of the
nicest people I know in the Society.

Don

Don MacNeill
donmacneill@eastlink.ca

</pre>

--Boundary_(ID_1vjScHCBrTy9vrY2TAyZrA)--