[NatureNS] The Falmouth/Windsor gray geese

From: "Eric L. Mills" <e.mills@dal.ca>
To: ns-rba@yahoogroups.com, naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2011 20:21:32 -0300
Cc: ocotillo@ns.sympatico.ca

Thanks to Tuma Young, I have been able to look at his wonderful pictures of the gray goose
that was seen in the Falmouth area this afternoon. It is a perfectly typical Pink-footed Goose,
and an outstanding find.

BUT it is not the bird that Dave Currie and I watched a few km away along College Road
yesterday. I am still convinced that bird was a Bean Goose.

Somewhere out there are two gray geese. In the case of Saturday's bird, look for the
bicolored bill with a large amount of orange in mid-bill, total absence of any silvery colour on
the wing, and orange legs (there are other features, most of them mentioned in my RBA
posting yesterday).

The plot has thickened, decidedly.