[NatureNS] The Windsor Pink-footed goose

From: Richard Stern <sternrichard@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2011 17:13:30 -0300
To: NatureNS <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>, NS-RBA <NS-RBA@yahoogroups.com>

--0015175cab467b7e6f04b0252d6b

Hi,

I had good looks for about a half hour at 4pm or so today, in the company of
Bruce Stevens and Wayne Neily. We noted the dark head, rather dainty bill
with a dark tip, dark base and pink in the middle, very white tail, and the
silvery back that was lighter than the flanks. It was feeding with somewhere
between 4 and 600 Canadas in the fields to the east of College Rd. near the
Manning Retirement Home - too far away for any meaningful photos. There was
no sign of the Snow goose, or any other gray geese. I should add
congratulations to Eric, for diligently looking through the geese in the
first place and finding this - even though there may not be a Bean goose,
the Pink-footed is still a major rarity, with just a handful of N.American
records.

Richard

###################
Richard Stern,
Port Williams, NS, Canada
sternrichard@gmail.com
###################

--0015175cab467b7e6f04b0252d6b

Hi,<br><br>I had good looks for about a half hour at 4pm or so today, in th=
e company of Bruce Stevens and Wayne Neily. We noted the dark head, rather =
dainty bill with a dark tip, dark base and pink in the middle, very white t=
ail, and the silvery back that was lighter than the flanks. It was feeding =
with somewhere between 4 and 600 Canadas in the fields to the east of Colle=
ge Rd. near the Manning Retirement Home - too far away for any meaningful p=
hotos. There was no sign of the Snow goose, or any other gray geese. I shou=
ld add congratulations to Eric, for diligently looking through the geese in=
 the first place and finding this - even though there may not be a Bean goo=
se, the Pink-footed is still a major rarity, with just a handful of N.Ameri=
can records.<br>