[NatureNS] The Windsor Pink-footed goose

Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2011 20:50:28 -0300
From: g4syth@staff.ednet.ns.ca
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
Cc: Harold Forsyth <harold.forsyth@ns.sympatico.ca>

Hi All,

At 4:45 today Harold Forsyth and I also saw the pink footed goose in
the same area as Richard. We must have just missed Richard et al.

We counted 525 geese at the time we saw the pink footed goose, we saw
it further along the road past the retirement home. The geese were
flying in small groups from the pasture with cattle into a field of
lush regrowth hay. The pasture contained 500 geese as well, 1000+ in
the two groups separated by a small hedge row.

Thanks to all who have kept us to date with the sightings.

George Forsyth