[NatureNS] Pink footed goose.

Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2011 19:05:29 -0300
From: g4syth@staff.ednet.ns.ca
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

Hi All

I was able to see the pink footed goose in Windsor today at 5:05 p.m.

I was returning from Halifax and thought I should stop and take a
look. The geese were all in the cattle pasture opposite the retirement
home, none were on the really green field past the pasture. There was
a group of about 100 directly opposite the home. Just after the
pavement ends and over the small rise there was a group of about 300
geese, the pink footed took about five minutes to find, if I had
started at the other end of the flock it would have taken five
seconds, it was the very last bird at the south west end of the flock!
I didn't see a snow goose.

George Forsyth