[NatureNS] Snow Buntings feeling right at home

From: Ken McKenna <kenmcken@eastlink.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2011 06:30:28 -0300

Ken McKenna
Box 218 Stellarton NS
B0K 1S0
902 752-7644

Hi Rick
I had a Snow Bunting at Big I. Oct. 25 and a flock of 8 there on Oct. 27.
I saw  and photographed what was probably the White-fronted Goose seen by
Bruce Stevens et al. earlier in the month on Oct. 25 from the Wharf at Big
I., but we could not find it Oct.27.
An imm. Red-headed Woodpecker was reported by Rob Reid at his Kirkmount
peanut feeder  Oct.24 and I saw it on the 25th. It was very aggressive
chasing everything that came near the peanuts.

cheers
ken