[NatureNS] Fundy gypsum

From: "Heather Drope" <heather.drope@ns.sympatico.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2011 09:00:16 -0400

--Alt-Boundary-12446.332055375

Fundy Gypsum is closing down up in the Windsor area.. This was according to
an interview heard on CBC this am.That means the threat to the wonderful lands
on the Avalon Penn will be saved - for now.
I am all for it but I think those of us who are glad to see industry close down and
our land saved need to come up with a replacement  industry that is favorable to
our land. Economy is what keeps us housed and fed and I always feel so darn
sorry for those who lose their jobs.
We all complain about the forestry industry and mining industry and what it does
to our natural resources so we should put our collective heads together and
come up with some employment solutions.
Heather in Halifax

--Alt-Boundary-12446.332055375

<title></title>
</head>
an interview heard on CBC this am.That means the threat to the wonderful lands
our land saved need to come up with a replacement&#160; industry that is favorable to