[NatureNS] Eco-horrorism

From: Lynne Perry <perry.lynne@hotmail.com>
To: Nature Nova Scotia <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2011 16:36:30 -0300

--_aa8a8299-844e-41b2-84a7-026c5d3cf6f9_

As a former tourism worker=2C I doubt that 'many' would be attracted to tha=
t.=20
I once had young people come into Shelburne and request to see our slums...=
...for some university course that they were taking.  I was hard pressed ot=
 help them in that area.=20
This would be an environmental educational issue like the tar sands in Albe=
rta.=20
We do have some issues but not that we'd want to advertise methinks. =20
It would get government attention but would it help our cause?=20
I used 'tourism' to help restore old buildings=2C protect birding habitat a=
nd to help us keep lighthouses.
Not all of it worked.=20
When a person travels they want to be entertained and educated.=20
A business like the one proposed would have to make money to be viable.=20
????
Lynne Perry