[NatureNS] BNS Winter Solstice Family Frolic; December 21 @ 6:30 PM

From: Patrick Kelly <patrick.kelly@dal.ca>
To: NatureNS <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>, members@blomidonnaturalists.ca
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2011 23:31:27 -0400

--Apple-Mail-575-299819946

The Blomidon Naturalists Society will host its anneal Winter Solstice =20=

Family Frolic at 6:30 PM on Wednesday, December 21.  We invite =20
everyone to welcome the winter season and continue the 5000-year  =20
tradition of celebrating the return of the Sun after the longest night =20=

of the year. We will meet around a roaring bonfire at Noggin=92s Corner =20=

Farm and set off for a hike through the centuries-old pine and hemlock =20=

forest. We will pass an 18th century Acadian cellar, Poor House =20
graveyard and a huge bald eagle nest. We will look for tracks and =20
signs of wildlife, call for owls in the deep woods, and view the stars =20=