[NatureNS] possible Say's phoebe??, Hantsport/Mt. Denson border

To: NatureNS <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>,
From: "James W. Wolford" <jimwolford@eastlink.ca>
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2011 21:32:25 -0400

Today I heard second-hand that Dan Toews had once again seen his
possible Say's phoebe in the Hantsport-Mt. Denson border area -- my
informant was Marty Snyder of Acadia Univ. Biology -- I  phoned Dan
and found out that not long ago (I don't recall the day) he had a
fleeting glimpse of a bird leaving the area of grapes where it was
seen a couple or three weeks ago? (I have lost Ian McLaren's note
about that, but he said it had been "well described" to him and Eric
Mills, I believe -- I quizzed Dan about whether it could have been an
oriole, and that was a surprise to him but it sounds like a good
possibility, and Wolfville has at least 2 orioles now and maybe more?
-- anyway, perhaps a little sleuthing in that area is called for
again, along Highway 1 where Hantsport changes to Mt. Denson -- Dan's
phone number is 902-798-4910 -- I suggested to Dan that he Google
"Baltimore oriole" and check out the possible and variable plumages
they can show.

Cheers from Jim in Wolfville.