[NatureNS] re star-thrower story -- moral??

From: David & Alison Webster <dwebster@glinx.com>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2012 21:37:09 -0400

size=3D"3" color=3D"#000000" style=3D"font: 12.0px Helvetica; c

------=_NextPart_000_09EC_01CCD23B.8128F430

------=_NextPart_001_09ED_01CCD23B.8128F430

Hi Jim & All,                        Jan 13, 2012
    I agree Jim, if I understand what you are saying.=20

     In real life, so far as I know, starfish will not become stranded =
above low-low tide, except perhaps by very unlikely mechanisms; a tidal =
wave which I suppose might sweep them inland, a very severe storm that =
rolled starfish, rock, mussels and byssus threads into a bundle among =
other wrack or an earthquake that abruptly raised a section of beach.=20

    But this discussion has perhaps become too serious. If you search =
for it, you can find a quote to justify any action. For example, as =
explained in a recent issue of National Geographic, one early edition of =
the King James Bible omitted a key word from one of the 10 commandments =
so that it read "Thou shalt commit adultery.". Presumably this gave rise =
to the expression "Praise the Lord".

Yt DW, Kentville
  ----- Original Message -----=20