[NatureNS] Bird updates

From: James Hirtle <jrhbirder@hotmail.com>
To: Naturens Naturens <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Sat, 21 Jan 2012 03:07:40 +0000

--_d6156def-988c-4010-ba1b-3b2b4d6d2e1f_

Hi all:
=20
There is a yellow-breasted chat in Chester as reported by Rosie and Sandra =
Tanner.  Of interest is a ring-necked pheasant which comes to their suet fe=
eder there.  It keeps pulling down the feeder.  This is the first that I've=
 heard of this happening.
=20
The red-bellied woodpecker is still coming to the feeder of Frances Anderso=
n at Crouse's Settlement.  I saw it the other morning.
=20
I finally got to see the female wood duck that is tending in the open water=
 that runs under the road between lakes at the Spectacle Lakes in Rhodes Co=
rner.  This bird was first reported by Kevin Lantz.  It had been at Back Ce=
ntre and was discovered by Kevin and Clarence Stevens Sr. =20
=20
The indigo bunting still is surviving at Front Centre.  I've made about nin=
e trips so far after it without success.  The latest was this morning of wh=
ich I might have seen it briefly=2C but I'm not sure enough to count it.  I=
 plan to try again tomorrow. =20
=20
Today there were about 300 great scaup at First South.  They came in with a=
 roar of wings and landed.  I got the scope out to look at them and just as=
 I put my eye to the scope off they went.  So I say all great scaup at this=
 point as I did not get the time to check for anything different.  In fligh=
t from the white on the wings=2C I would say that there were a number of le=
ssers with them. =20
=20
I saw the male northern cardinal again this morning at Front Centre. =20
=20
I've been told of a warbler coming to a feeder at Clearland that I still ne=
ed to check out.
=20
James R. Hirtle
Bridgewater
=20
=20
=20
=20
  		 	   		  =

--_d6156def-988c-4010-ba1b-3b2b4d6d2e1f_

<head>
.hmmessage P
{
margin:0px=3B
padding:0px
}
body.hmmessage
{
font-size: 10pt=3B
font-family:Tahoma
}
--></style></head>
Hi all:<BR>
&nbsp=3B<BR>
There is a yellow-breasted chat in Chester as reported by Rosie and Sandra =
Tanner.&nbsp=3B Of interest is a ring-necked pheasant which comes to their =
suet feeder there.&nbsp=3B It keeps pulling down the&nbsp=3Bfeeder.&nbsp=3B=
 This is the first that I've heard of this happening.<BR>
&nbsp=3B<BR>
The red-bellied woodpecker is still coming to the feeder of Frances Anderso=
n at Crouse's Settlement.&nbsp=3B I saw it the other morning.<BR>
&nbsp=3B<BR>
I finally got to see the female wood duck that is tending in the open water=
 that runs under the road between lakes at the Spectacle Lakes in Rhodes Co=
rner.&nbsp=3B This bird was first reported by Kevin Lantz.&nbsp=3B It had b=
een at Back Centre and was discovered by Kevin and Clarence Stevens Sr.&nbs=
p=3B <BR>
&nbsp=3B<BR>
The indigo bunting still is surviving at Front Centre.&nbsp=3B I've made ab=
out nine trips so far after it without success.&nbsp=3B The latest was this=
 morning of which I might have seen it briefly=2C but I'm not sure enough t=
o count it.&nbsp=3B I plan to try again tomorrow.&nbsp=3B <BR>
&nbsp=3B<BR>
Today there were about 300 great scaup at First South.&nbsp=3B They came in=
 with a roar of wings and landed.&nbsp=3B I got the scope out to look at th=
em and just as I put my eye to the scope off they went.&nbsp=3B So I say al=
l great scaup at this point as I did not get the time to check for anything=
 different.&nbsp=3B In flight from the white on the wings=2C I would say th=
at there were a number of lessers with them.&nbsp=3B <BR>
&nbsp=3B<BR>
I saw the male northern cardinal again this morning at Front Centre.&nbsp=
=3B <BR>
&nbsp=3B<BR>
I've been told of a warbler coming to a feeder at Clearland that I still ne=
ed to check out.<BR>
&nbsp=3B<BR>
James R. Hirtle<BR>
Bridgewater<BR>
&nbsp=3B<BR>
&nbsp=3B<BR>
&nbsp=3B<BR>
&nbsp=3B<BR>
&nbsp=3B<BR> 		 	   		  </div></body>

--_d6156def-988c-4010-ba1b-3b2b4d6d2e1f_--