[NatureNS] Possible Great Horned Owl West End Halifax Feb 9

From: David Hughes <davidhughes@accesswave.ca>
Date: Thu, 09 Feb 2012 21:13:01 -0400
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

Looking out the window at work this afternoon, I noticed all the gulls in the rotary end of the Northwest Arm were up circling around. I looked to see if there was an eagle or peregrine around, but didn't see anything. Then I saw a large bird (which I that I believe was an owl) fly from the Rotary side of the Anglican church on Joseph Howe and head off toward the slope of Fairmount or the Chocolate Lake area.

I just had a quick look, but the colour, shape, size and flight made me think G H Owl.

Sent from my iPad